Tuition and Policy Information
- Tuition for all programs is paid monthly at the beginning of each month.
- There is a $15 fee for payments received after the 5th of the month.
- Payments may be made by cash and check.
- Checks should be made out to Chinese with Meggie with the student’s name in the memo line.
- Checks may be delivered in person to the office at Chinese with Meggie or mailed to the school at the address below:
Chinese with Meggie
512 E. 39th Street
Austin, TX, 78751
- 1. Tuition is non-refundable. Refunds are not issued for non-attendance of a class, or for being absent for a period of time. In the case of absences, students are permitted to attend a makeup session on the condition that they provide 48 hours advanced notice prior to missing a session. Attendance at makeup sessions is contingent on space/availability and at the discretion of the school administration.
- 2. Makeup sessions may not be used as tuition credits.
- 3. Tuition is paid monthly and at a fixed rate. By fixed rate, we mean that tuition is constant from month to month, regardless of the variation of month lengths, holidays, and school breaks. An invoice will be sent by email prior to the first of each month.
- 4. Tuition is due by the 5th of each month. A $10 late fee is applied to payments received after the 10th.
- 5. Checks should be made out to Chinese with Meggie with the student’s name in the memo line.
- 6. There is a $15 administration fee for all refunded checks.
- 7. There is a $25 fee for all returned checks.
MAKE-UP, CANCELLATION AND WITHDRAWALS
- 1. Make-up classes are available only to students currently enrolled at Chinese with Meggie. Attendance at makeup sessions is contingent on space/availability and at the discretion of the school administration.
- 2. If your child will miss a class, please notify us 48 hours in advance in order to qualify for a make-up class.
- 3. If your child will miss class for a period lasting longer than two weeks, please notify the director one month in advance.
- 4. If a student misses a make-up class without providing notification, then the make-up class will be considered complete.
- 5. If a class is canceled by a Chinese with Meggie teacher, a make-up class date will be announced.
- 6. Withdrawal from our program requires one-month advanced notice. Failure to provide one-month’s notice will result in an invoice for the month following the date of withdrawal.
Arrival & Dismissal
- All parents and students must sign and submit a waiver of liability.
- Prior to each class: parents or caregivers are required to escort students inside the building. Students should be left in the care of a Chinese with Meggie teacher. Children may not be left unattended before class.
- At the end of each class: if your child is to be picked up by someone other than yourself (such as a caregiver, friend’s parent, etc.), please provide a note to your child’s teacher.
- All students must be picked up on time. Late fees will be charged in the event of frequent late pick-ups.
Note: Chinese with Meggie is a language school specializing in foreign language instruction. We are not a licensed State of Texas Child Care facility.